Before you submit an article for us to review, please go through the items in the following checklist to avoid unnecessary rejection and to speed up the publication process.
Please note that all items in the checklist apply to all submissions, including pieces which are primarily introductions to articles on your own external blog.
Items to check:
- Has the article been given an appropriate title? This will appear in the post’s Twitter announcements.
- Has a 100-character third-person introduction been added in bold text as the piece’s opening paragraph?
- Has the 100-character third-person introduction paragraph been copied and pasted word-for-word into the excerpt section of the post’s settings? This will appear in the post’s Facebook announcements.
- Has the most appropriate pre-loaded “feature image” (green, blue and white header image) been added to the top of the article via the post’s settings?
- Have the most relevant region and topic categories been selected within the post’s settings?
- Has the “Read more” feature line been added as a separate paragraph under the bold introduction paragraph?
- Has the horizontal feature line been added as a separate paragraph under the “Read more” feature line?
- Have you read the entire piece from start to finish?
- Have you applied correct and relevant URLs to text as links to other Ireland Blogging articles referred to in the piece?
- Have you applied correct and relevant URLs to text as outgoing external links from the article?
- Have you added correct URLs of related social media posts to generate images within the article?
- Have you corrected all spelling mistakes?
- Have you corrected all grammatical errors?
- Have you checked the article for duplicate words?
- Have you checked the article for missing words?
- Have you minimised the need for readers to require a dictionary to understand your article?
- Have you re-read the entire piece from start to finish at least twice since making your final edits to ensure that it flows properly? Ideally, ask someone else to read it and give you some feedback.
- Are you happy for others to read the article as it is?
- When you can answer “yes” to all of the above, please submit the article for us to review.
Depending on our upcoming publication schedule, a well-edited submission meeting all these checks will be allocated the next available publication slot, possibly on that same day.